1) What are the four quantum numbers and what do they indicate?
2) If an element possesses n = 3, what are the possible l values?
are the possible m values?
3a) Write out the electron configuration for Na, S, Mo, Ne, and Ce. (The whole thing!!!)
3b) Draw the Lewis dot diagram.
3c) How many valence electrons does each of those elements have?
3d) What is the oxidation number for each of those elements?
4) What is the charge of noble gases? Why? Where do I find noble gases
on the periodic table?
5) What is the charge of halogens? Why? Where do I find them on the
6) What is the charge of alkaline earth metals? Why? Where do I find
them on the periodic
7) Why are transition metals in transition? Why do you want a list of
their charges for the test?
8) Where are the metalloids?