Boyle's Law Problems
1. The volume of the lungs is measured by the volume of air
inhaled or exhaled. If the
volume of the
lungs is 2.400 L during exhalation and the pressure is 101.70 KPa, and the
pressure during inhalation is 101.01 KPa, what is the volume of the lungs during
2. The total volume of a soda can is 415 mL. Of this 415
mL, there is 60.0 mL of headspace
for the CO2 gas put in to carbonate
the beverage. If a volume of 100.0 mL of gas at
standard pressure is added
to the can, what is the pressure in the can when it has been
3. It is hard to begin inflating a balloon. A pressure of
800.0 Kpa is required to initially inflate
the balloon 225.0 mL. What is
the final pressure when the balloon has reached it's capacity
of 1.2 L?
4. If a piston compresses the air in the cylinder to 1/8 it's
total volume and the volume is
930 cm3 at STP, what is the
pressure after the gas is compressed?
5. If a scuba tank that has a capacity of 10.0 dm3
is filled with air to 500.0 KPa, what will be
the volume of the air at 702.6 KPa?
Charles' Law Problems
Combined Gas Law Problems
Dalton's Law of Partial Gas Pressures
Rate of Diffusion Problems
1) Compare quantitatively the rates of diffusion of oxygen and sulfur
2) Compare quantitatively the rates of diffusion of methane and ammonia.
3) Compare quantitatively the rates of diffusion of hydrogen sulfide and