1) What is the hydronium concentration of 0.03M solution of C3H7COOH,
What is the percent ionization? The Ka
of butanoic acid is 1.52x10-5.
2) What is the Ka of 0.15M citric acid, C4H6O(COOH)3
3) What is the Kb of 2.8M phosphate, PO43- when
[OH-] is 0.198M?
4) What is the hydroxyl concentration of a 0.2M solution of ammonia, NH3?
What is the percent ionization? The Kb
of ammonia is 1.74 x 10-5.
COMMON ION PROBLEMS
5) What is the hydronium ion concentration, [H3O+],
in a solution of 0.521M HKCO3 and
0.024 M K2CO3? Ka
of HKCO3 is 4.37 x 10-7.
6) What is the hydronium ion concentration, [H3O+],
in a solution of 1.13M HBO3-2 and
0.02 M Na3BO3? Ka
of HBO3-2 is 1.58 x 10-14.
7) How many mL of 0.15 M KOH are needed to neutralize 25.00 mL of
.20 M HCl?
8) If 28.25 mL of 0.50 M NaOH are needed to neutralize 50.00 mL of HNO3,
is the concentration of HNO3?