1) A quantity of gas at a temperature of 18oC has a volume of
124.5 cm3 at a pressure of
97.8 KPa. How many moles of gas are there? 0.005
2) At a pressure of 105.2 KPa, 1.42 moles of a gas occupy 1.74 dm3.
What is the
temperature in Kelvin? 15.51K
3) Hydrogen sulfide occupies 278.2 cm3 at 26oC and
standard pressure. What is the mass
of the hydrogen sulfide? 2.9Kg
4) Three and twenty-seven hundredths moles of carbon dioxide are in a vessel
undetermined size at 106.3 KPa and 21.8oC.
What is the volume of the vessel?
5) A gas at 1.24oC occupies a 3.51 dm3 container.
If there are 3.34 moles of the gas,
at what pressure is the gas? PV=nRT
6) If 1.39 g of carbon monoxide is reacted with oxygen, what volume of carbon
is produced at 12.3oC at 107.4KPa? 1.09
7) If 14.4 dm3 of ethane is combusted at 102.7oC and
99.3KPa, how many grams of
water will be produced? 24.8 g H2O
8) What volume of C8H18 is required to fill a 1.4 dm3
airbag with CO2 if the wrecker truck
burns octane at STP? (Exhaust fumes are used to fill
airbags to upright flipped tractor
trailers.) 1.76 dm3 C8H18
9) A scuba diver dives with a tank containing 5L of air. Twenty-two
percent of the air
is oxygen. If the diver produces 1.62 mol carbon
dioxide for every 2.05 mol of oxygen
he/she inhales, what is the volume (at STP) of carbon
dioxide produced if 4.2 L of air
are consumed at 202.6 KPa and 14.7oC?
1.38 dm3 CO2
10) If 34.6g of Zn are reacted with an excess of hydrochloric acid at
what is the temperature of the hydrogen gas
produced if it occupies a 2.00 dm3